Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Little Something Random

#SOL15

Tonight I decided to not do a traditional blog post. I found this same format on another Slicer's post, and I love what she did with it. It's nice to get a bunch of thoughts on paper when I can't decide what to write.

I am watching an episode of Giada at Home. They're making an awesome rice dish. I'd try and make it, but I'm pretty sure my waistline wouldn't like my afterward.

I keep tons of things I should get rid of: clothes, purses, shoes that hurt my feet, statements or papers I get in the mail...I'd write more, but it's probably not a good idea.

I wish I could find more time to stay neat and organized. As a mom, I have every intention of doing things after my daughter goes to sleep. When that happens, all I want to do is relax.

I love my family and my closest friends. I don't know what I'd do without any of them. It feels wonderful to have such an amazing network of people to lean on.

I dance to 80's music while cleaning my house. I did it the other day and it was so much fun! (The music channels on Verizon Fios are the BEST!) Tears For Fears, anyone??

I sing to my daughter any chance I get. I love seeing her start to dance or try and sing along with me. 

I think too much about things in the future. Things I can't even control. It gives me anxiety and nothing is even happening. I need to stop doing this.

I really want to get my anxiety under control. I've been this way my whole life; I'm always nervous. I found working out a little bit each day has helped me. If nothing else, it tires me out enough to let me sleep deeply at night.

I need to finish making my lunch for work tomorrow. I can't stand running around packing lunch when I should be getting out the door to go to work.

I should go to bed at a reasonable time. I always wonder what it's like to get a full night's sleep. I'm talking 7-8 hours.

I can name almost any song by hearing the first 1 to 2 notes. It's a gift. I can't explain it. 
:-)

I like watching reality TV to decompress and relax. My husband doesn't understand how I can relax when people are always fighting or yelling on the shows. My justification is that it's not my life, so I can immerse myself in it for a couple of hours. :-)

I make time for my daughter and I when I have a day off from work. We will go out and go to story time; playgroup; open gym; to the bookstore; maybe lunch. It's important to me that she gets out and has experiences with me, as well as things she will do with my parents or in laws while I'm at work. <3

I always wear make up when I leave the house. Always. I have for years. If I accidentally leave without make up (or something happens and I can't put any on), I feel really naked and awkward. It ruins my day a little bit. haha


15 comments:

  1. I am so glad I visited your blog tonight! What a fun little group of thoughts-- random as promised, but so insightful. We have a lot in common! I love this format, too. I will probably use it soon, and pass it on to my students as well! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear! Thank you for reading. Great to know we have a lot in common, and it's great to know I connect with other people. Hope it turns out well with your students!

      Delete
  2. I love this format and learned so much about you from reading it. I made so many connections with the topics that you included and hope that you use them as a springboard for future slices. I would love to hear more about all of these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I was just writing and thinking, but it never dawned on me to use each one as a future slice. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. I love your random post, putting it in my "try out someday' file. Keep singing to your daughter and dancing and cherishing these moments. They pass much too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ramona! They really do fly by. I love my time with her. :-)

      Delete
  4. I too will keep this format in my "try it" bin. I can agree with most posts.....but ont he reality TV fighting? Seriously, I am with your hubby on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! There's something about reality TV...I can't help myself! I hope to see your post if you decide to try out this format soon. :-)

      Delete
  5. Love this. I think I will have to try before the month is over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. I think I will have to try before the month is over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a good idea for a post. I feel as though I really know you after reading it-- it's such a simple format, but you took it and ran with it and were able to share really beautiful moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate this. It was nice to have the prompts and to just write what was in my mind. I hope you try the format. :-)

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed this because I am going to have my students do bio poems next week, and this felt similar to a bio poem. Thanks for a glimpse into your life right now. I could make some connections as a mother. I am glad that you have found exercise to help you with your anxiety. I feel like I have been able to be more calm and not as apt to get too worried over time as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! It's nice to connect with other moms. I wrote tonight's post about my struggle with baby weight and doing my T25 routine. It has helped but I still struggle. Thanks for reading!

      Delete