Wednesday, March 25, 2015

What Time Is It?!

#SOL15

Why can't I go to bed at a normal time? The question is mostly rhetorical, but seriously. Why not?! All day long I tell myself I will lay down at a normal hour and get plenty of sleep. I want to wake up refreshed in the morning. But here it is, 11:06pm in New York, and I'm awake and writing this blog post.

I suppose it is the life of a mom. Maybe. I have always stayed up late and liked it. I watch TV, I check emails, I write, etc. But now, I feel that after my daughter goes to bed, that's MY time. Like a college kid who has gained their freedom, I just go crazy thinking of all the things I can do now that C is in bed. Is that strange? All I really end up doing is vegging out, and trying to think of what I'm going to write about today.

So, before it gets any later, I'm going to say goodnight. 5am sneaks up on me really fast, and I told myself I'm going to get up and work out tomorrow morning. (Oh boy.) I'll leave you with the words I say to my daughter every night before putting her to bed: Goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight noises everywhere.

8 comments:

  1. Story of my life! On those nights when I'm done with lesson planning, etc. early, I seem to find other tasks (or books, movies, games, conversations) that keep me up until my normal time, which is usually too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! Tonight is another night for me to try again. Let's see how that goes. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I think it must be a teacher thing... although I have a friend that is in bed by 9 or 10 every day... I still have NO idea how she manages this. I always have good intentions of sleeping early and then I think, oh yeah! that one more thing! and that leads to another and another and oops! it's 1 AM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! My friend tells me she's in bed by 9:30 each night. She's a teacher AND she has 2 kids. Boggles my mind. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. "Life of a mom." That's why! NOW, I go to bed by 9:55 every single night 'cause 4:45 comes much too early. Yet, for years and years, I corrected papers and did lesson plans with the 11 o'clock news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 11 o' clock news gives me anxiety! I don't know how you did it. Tonight I will try for an earlier bedtime. Let's see how that goes. :-)

      Delete
  4. I can totally relate. For me it's two High School boys who are against 8 o'clock bedtimes. ;-) Seriously, why can I be ready for bed at 4 but by 10 I have a million things I'd rather do than go to bed? You are not alone. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! There are times when I can sit and play with my daughter, leisurely make dinner, etc. And then later on I have 700 things that are suddenly staring me in the face. Crazy! Today is another day. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete