Thursday, March 19, 2015

Mommy & Me

#SOL15


Today was the best day. I don't get many days off from work now, but when I have one coming up, I like to plan something fun to do with my daughter. 

I work at a gym twice a week, and I found out they have a toddler playgroup a few times a week. Today was the perfect day to go see what it's about. My daughter loves running, and being chased, and playing with different toys, so we went to check it out. What a great time we had! She wasn't sure as to where we were at first, so she held my hand and we walked around. She looked at all the cool toys and the other kids playing. She needed a little time to warm up.

Minutes later she let out a primal scream. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" And with that, she turned into her giggling, silly self. She ran around the gym floor trying to collect and pick up two bouncy balls at a time. When one dropped, followed by the other, she'd laugh hysterically chasing after it. She had her first experience crawling through a small tunnel. I don't think she got the concept at first because she kept putting all the balls in it, but when she figured it out, I couldn't get her out of there! She kept wanting me to get her from the middle. (I work at that gym, so the last thing I need is to get stuck in some kiddie tunnel during playgroup. haha)

After a while, other kids left, and Chloe and I had the whole room to ourselves. We walked around and did whatever she wanted to do. Towards the end of the session, I gave her a water bottle, and she walked back to our coats signaling she was ready to go home. I bundled her up, held her hand, and I walked her around the rest of the gym. After our little detour, we walked out to the car and headed home. 

She cuddled me and put her head on my shoulder right before I put her down for her nap. Without a complaint, she went right down and slept soundly. Today was the best day.

3 comments:

  1. Those are the days when you can smile all day long because it was just perfect. What a great way to burn off some of that energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, when eventually the weather warms up, you'll have to let her explore the wonderful world of the yard. While there are no tunnels (most likely) there are certainly rocks and sticks and flowers to chase and enjoy. Those bedtimes after outside play are pretty easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, when eventually the weather warms up, you'll have to let her explore the wonderful world of the yard. While there are no tunnels (most likely) there are certainly rocks and sticks and flowers to chase and enjoy. Those bedtimes after outside play are pretty easy!

    ReplyDelete