Sunday, March 15, 2015

Movies To Show My Daughter

#SOL15




Tonight as I was perusing Facebook, I came across the post of a friend that completely jogged my memory. I mean, this memory came out of the depths of my mind that I didn't even remember were there. She referenced a made-for-TV version of Cinderella starring Lesley Ann Warren! Remember that movie?? I do! (Or should I say, NOW I remember it. I haven't thought about that movie in...I don't even know how many years.) As a child we had the movie on VHS. I'm assuming we taped it off of the TV; I honestly don't remember. What I do remember is that my sisters and I watched this movie all the time! We loved it. It got me thinking, what other movies do I love that no one knows about or remembers?

Here's one for you. The Hugga Bunch movie  Does anyone remember this movie? I still have my Hugga Bunch doll (No judgement. They were as cool as Cabbage Patch Kids back in the day.) But back to the movie. The little girl going through the mirror, meeting the bookworm, and the evil queen that ate "young berries" so she didn't age. Wow. What an imagination! I won't spoil the ending if you haven't seen it ;-), but I did attach the link so you can view the movie. I'll be watching it as some point this week.

My very favorite of all time is Really Rosie. An adorable cartoon with all the music done by Carole King. The songs are all about counting, rhyming, and the alphabet. I even have the soundtrack on CD and the book. That's how much I love it. If you haven't seen it, be sure and click the link to watch. I think it's about 30 minutes, so it's not long. This one in particular is a movie I am dying to show my daughter. She loves to dance, and is getting pretty good at singing, so I hope she will love this movie as much as I do.

The best thing about this list I've compiled is that I can watch all of this on the YouTube app on Apple TV! Does anyone else have Apple TV? It's awesome. But YouTube streams right onto your TV, so now I can show Really Rosie, and whatever else I can find, to my daughter. This is quite the nostalgic post. I hope you'll add your own favorites into the comments below. I'm sure I'll be thinking of more as I lay in bed tonight. :-)

Honorable Mention:   ;-)
Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer
Mac and Me
Rose Petal and Friends

2 comments:

  1. We have often talked about different movies that we want to show our kids from childhood. Since they are older, ours are more along the lines of The Breakfast Club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not so sure I should admit this, but my poor kids watched Reading Rainbows because I probably didn't tape anything else and we did not have cable. Then when they got older, much older, it was Top Gun, Troop Beverly Hills and Ferris Buehler's Day Off (they taped those themselves)!

    ReplyDelete