Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I Need To Be Inspired

#SOL15


I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to write tonight. I'm exhausted from working all day, teaching my Spin class tonight, and then I came home and completed my T25 workout for the day! Whew! I should be in bed.

So, as I sit here, I read about a really interesting Slicer's post. She makes a really thought provoking list, and I'm going to follow suit doing just that.  Have a good night, everyone!

Listening: I'm listening to how quiet my house is right now. My husband is asleep, my daughter is asleep, and even the dog is asleep at my feet. Why am I not in bed yet? 

Eating: I just finished a few graham crackers. Crunchy and delicious. The perfect nighttime snack. (I'm trying to be good! If I had chocolate in the house, I would've eaten that!)

Drinking: Just finished a large glass of water. Definitely dehydrated from exercising.

Wearing: My polka dot PJ pants and my Dr. Seuss "Thing" shirt. :-)

Reading: Honestly, I'm in between books right now and haven't picked up anything new. I've been focusing a lot on reading other peoples articles and posts, reading blogs, searching for writing prompts and writing contests. I love to read and can use a good suggestion on the next best horror, suspense, or mystery book!

Feeling: Nervous. I'm searching for a new car, but I don't know if I can pull it off. My car definitely needs to be upgraded, and I constantly worry about driving all over with my daughter. I have so much anxiety about having a reliable car!

Wanting: One good night of sleep. One restful, relaxing, long, uninterrupted night of sleep.

Needing: A date night (or day!) with my husband. It has been far too long, and with our busy schedules and lives, it will be nice to reconnect. As parents, we should never forget to work on our marriage as well. 

Thinking: My busy week will not stop running through my head. So much going on, so much to do, and all my days are getting mixed up. Looking forward to the weekend.

Enjoying: The few minutes I get to myself before bed to put my thoughts on paper. Or really, on the computer and in this blog. I hope I inspire others to start a daily blog, whether it's on paper or on the computer. I hope I just inspire others to WRITE! It's such a freeing, soul-cleansing activity. (For me, at least.) :-)

9 comments:

  1. Writing is a relaxing event for me but I hear what you are saying when it feels like it is crunch time. Your list was thoughtful. I have lists all over my desk that is in a state of cluttered chaos. Maybe that is what I should write about for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to think about my day and focus on what I want to write about. yesterday was just filled with running around. Nothing interesting there! haha. Looking forward to reading your list! If you can, come back and drop me a link to it tonight. :-)

      Delete
  2. Writing is a relaxing event for me but I hear what you are saying when it feels like it is crunch time. Your list was thoughtful. I have lists all over my desk that is in a state of cluttered chaos. Maybe that is what I should write about for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I would think you would sleep like a rock with all that exercise! I think I'm doing good one hour a day! I like the list of your thoughts...I will try this too! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was practically falling asleep typing last night! haha. And I did sleep well, just not long enough. It's hard to get to bed before 11 these days. Hoping to get into more of a routine. Thanks for reading! Looking forward to reading your list.

      Delete
  4. I love your post! I think we are all feeling the craziness that March brings along. I might have to steal this idea as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Jenny! Looking forward to reading what you come up with. :-)

      Delete
  5. I suspect you were up last night because of this "compelled to blog/write" thing that happens after a week of writing each day. It becomes a compelled to write knid of thing. It's weird and I really believe it becomes a bit of a habit like drinking coffee and yes, exercise.....that one I let go this week due to DST. I am struggling to get out of bed and off to work big time!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By nature, I am a late night person, but I really can't be anymore. Work and motherhood, and all things in general, require me to get sleep...and I never get enough. I do feel compelled to write each night. In a good way. I was almost off to bed last night when I remembered my post, and then it led to a late night thought session. I struggled big time to get out of bed today as well!

      Delete