Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Very Merry Unbirthday

#SOL15

Today my daughter is 18 months old. A year and a half. Wow! Life has certainly changed and gone by quickly, yet in the best way possible. I can't imagine life before her. (Well, I kind of can. I'm pretty sure there was copious amounts of blissful sleep, Netflix marathons, and uninterrupted showers.) I truthfully don't want to imagine life before her.

Today also happens to be St. Patrick's Day. While I was pregnant with Chloe, I had decided I wasn't going to eat corned beef that year. I just didn't want it. For the first 6 months of my pregnancy I had such an aversion to meat, so I was technically a vegetarian. After my morning sickness ended months later, and I was able to start eating some meat, I began to get more of an appetite back. And then came the cravings!

One day I woke up and needed to make corned beef for St. Patrick's Day. I had to. There was no other answer. Obviously, I didn't buy one, so here it is the day before the holiday, and I drove to 3 grocery stores. Every store I went to was sold out. (Obviously!) My last attempt, and 4th store, was Stop & Shop. I came tearing into the store like a lunatic on a mission, and who do I run into, my mother-in-law. They live very close, so it's not like I hadn't seen them in a while. But still, I was out of breath and completely disheveled all because I was looking for corned beef. Good thing she understood! In the end I got the corned beef, and that year, it was probably the best I had ever had. ;-)

                  

7 comments:

  1. Theresa, what a fun post. You hooked me with the title, my mother used to sing that to me at random. Thanks for sharing your memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, what a fun post. You hooked me with the title, my mother used to sing that to me at random. Thanks for sharing your memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including the video. What a fun slice. Oh those cravings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! yes, those are some crazy cravings! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. First happy unbirthday to Chloe. Its a great day for an unbirthday in my opinion. Even if you were averse to corned beef - like me - it's green and gilt everywhere. My own half birthday falls on G. Washington's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Great day! Seems like your half birthday is a pretty special day as well. Thanks for reading!

      Delete