Thursday, March 26, 2015

Where Do You Keep YOUR Cutting Boards?

#SOL15

It's a normal Thursday night, and I'm getting ready to wind down and head to bed. But first, I need to write my slice for the day. I sit here and wonder, what am I going to write about? Nothing really jumps out at me. I'm staring off into space when I notice something. It makes me smile. It's my cutting boards. That's odd, you think. I've never heard of anyone smiling because of their cutting boards! Well, believe it, because I AM!

For past few weeks, my daughter has been into my kitchen gadgets, which is completely fine. She seems to love all of my cutting boards. They are bendable plastic and come in 4 different colors. She loves to grab them all at once and carry them around. Whatever works, right? About a week ago, she's playing with them in the living room and I hear, Oh no! Oh nooooo! I come rushing in, and what do I see? She slid the cutting boards through the top of the glass cabinet and into the entertainment unit. They were now resting comfortably on to of our cable box. HAHAHAHA! She now does this on a daily basis no matter how many times I take the boards and put them away.

So, if you're still wondering why I'm smiling, it's because as I stare straight ahead, I see 2 cutting boards sitting on top of my cable box. A blue board and a red board. Remnants left from earlier in the evening when Chloe was playfully keeping herself occupied. They're nestled nicely behind the glass, as Chloe is dreaming sweetly in her bed. It's the little things she does throughout the day that make me smile; even if she's not in front of me at the moment. I can't wait to see what she'll think about doing tomorrow. So, I ask you, where do you keep YOUR cutting boards? ;-)

Look closely on top of the cable box. :-)

10 comments:

  1. I'm smiling too! That's a perfect slice, a perfect small moment. You will be smiling many years from now, and now I will be smiling too when I look at a cutting board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved when they were little and just explored everything. Definitely a moment you would have forgotten someday had you not written it down. The little things are worth remembering. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm glad it is down on paper and archived now. It's a great memory to keep. :-)

      Delete
  3. I loved when they were little and just explored everything. Definitely a moment you would have forgotten someday had you not written it down. The little things are worth remembering. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa, thanks for sharing such sweetness. I too will never look at a cutting board the same way. When I was little I went through a pot banging phase and a tupperware stacking phase. My mom used to leave these low because she knew I loved them and felt I was helping prepare dinner, although it probably lead to a lot of extra washing. Forty-four years later she still recalls this. I hope you always have these memories of your little girl. This was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! She has so much fun with them, so how can I not let her play? I'm glad it conjured up some older memories for you as well. Thanks for reading! :-)

      Delete
  5. Theresa, thanks for sharing such sweetness. I too will never look at a cutting board the same way. When I was little I went through a pot banging phase and a tupperware stacking phase. My mom used to leave these low because she knew I loved them and felt I was helping prepare dinner, although it probably lead to a lot of extra washing. Forty-four years later she still recalls this. I hope you always have these memories of your little girl. This was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This slice puts a smile on my face for sure. My kids used to play with measuring spoons, measuring cups and the "Tuppermade-Rubbermade-plasticware" drawer. I never could find lids. It's been decades since they played in that drawer...and still, I can't find lids that match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, she does that too! I guess kids just love things such as kitchen gadgets and Tupperware. I hope you find those lids some day! :-)

      Delete